C&D Construction Co. Inc. is a family owned and operated Maryland based minority certified business enterprise. We are a leading concrete, brick, stone, and asphalt road construction services company. C&D has been serving federal, state, and local government agencies for over 15 years. We employ a diverse group of educated professionals and construction specialists focused on providing the highest of quality workmanship and exceptional service. We are committed to meeting client expectations and specifications to complete projects on time and on budget.
Carlos and Dina Santos founded C&D Construction in 2000 based on the principles of hard work, dedication, and a commitment to deliver quality construction services. Immigrating from Portugal to the United States in 1985, they took their combined experience of thirty years in the road construction industry and successfully accomplished their American dream of owning and operating their own business. While we are proud of our success, we have never forgotten the people that have helped us along the way, or the humble beginnings from which we came from that guided us to what we are today. Today, C&D is a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and municipal agencies as well as to residential clients within the state of Maryland. Our team of highly trained employees, some of whom have been with us since our company’s inception, are committed to provide the upmost quality products to all our clients in the public and private sector. Our decision to stay as a small minority business has allowed us to pay attention to small details while also providing safety, quality, and dedication in all we do.
What to expect from C&D Construction as a Contractor:
- We are registered in Maryland under MHIC # 79821 and we are fully licensed, bonded, and insured in Maryland.
- A meeting with the homeowner face to face
- Go over the project scope and discuss the details with the owner
- All prices are based on square footage
- No money upfront or deposit necessary. Homeowners pay the total amount for all residential services after the work is completed.
What to expect from C&D when replacing or installing a new driveway:
- Remove existing driveway
- Measure and form for new driveway
- Place down GAB gravel as a subgrade as needed
- Place down reinforcement wire mesh
- Place expansion joints to safety absorb the natural expansion of concrete
- Pour the concrete – we use MD SHA approved mix #3 concrete for all residential driveways and aprons. This is the same concrete mix we use for federal and municipal projects
- Place cuts in the concrete at pressure points to alleviate future cracks
- Allow 24 hours for the concrete to harden and can then be walked upon
- Proper cleanup of the job site and install topsoil and seed around the edges of the driveway
- Allow at least 3-5 days to drive over the concrete
Carlos and Dina (C&D)
Carlos F. Santos
President & Owner
Carlos Ferreira Santos is President and Owner of C&D Construction Company, Inc. With nearly three decades of experience in the road construction industry, Mr. Santos oversees business development, estimating, and project management for the Maryland-based firm. He is on all job sites daily overseeing employees and progress of projects. Even though Mr. Santos is the owner, you will often find him operating Bobcat machinery or giving a helping hand finishing concrete with his employees. His leadership skills and dedication to providing only the highest quality service and results for his clients has earned him the respect of various government and municipal agencies throughout the state of Maryland. Pleasing his clients and supporting his employees to complete projects successfully on time and on budget are his #1 priority. Mr. Santos resides in Potomac, Maryland with his wife and two children.
Dina O. Santos
Vice President & Owner
Dina Oliveira Santos is Vice President and Owner of C&D Construction Company, Inc. With nearly three decades of experience in the road construction industry, Mrs. Santos oversees the company’s internal management, accounting, and financials. When she’s not a strategic businesswoman of a road construction company, Mrs. Santos enjoys being a mother and raising her two children, Melanie and Stephen alongside her husband Carlos.